Monday, January 05, 2009

Brotherboy Update

After 13 days in the hospital undergoing physical therapy, Brotherboy came home. They told me he could walk and use a litter box (those were the goals) but he had problems walking on tile floors. Hummmm, my whole house is tiled; this will be interesting.

At home he looked like we all did the day we learned to use roller skates. Sometimes his front or back leg (on the gunshot side) would slowly slide out from under him. Regardless, he has improved/adapted everyday. He can jump up on the couch and bed (that took him about two days to figure out). He got a release from his doctor to go outside again and he frequently visits the scene of the crime (probably trying to get closure). He looks like a normal cat most of the time, especially outside where he can get some traction. But while inside, he sometimes shows signs of clumsy goofiness.

What I haven't told you about this story is that two days after I found my cat in the ditch, another cat in my neighborhood was shot. Because of all this cruelty, people in the community have put up a $300.00 reward for any information leading to the arrest (and dismemberment) of the assailants.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to hear all of the details you furnished with this entry. Did you know the other kitty that was shot? Be sure to keep us all up to date. Kiss BrotherBoy for me and tell him who I am. Have him talk to Ping and Carlos. Love from Mom

Catherine said...

Mom,
No I did not know the other kitty. She died. :(

As for Ping and Carlos....Brotherboy HATES them. He is constantly yawling at Carlos and chasing him around the house trying to dominate him. It's at the point that I am afraid Carlos may retreat back into the garage again. I'm serious, I have gotten up at 2 a.m. just to lock Bro in the bathroom so he will shut up leave Carlos or Ping alone.

Anonymous said...

Cathern:

I hope that Brotherboy finds the "closure," he is looking for. Once he finds it, tell him to give us a clue. "We still haven't found what we've been looking for!" :-)

Martin said...

It took me far too long to figure out that Brotherboy isn't a person. Litter box should have tipped me off, but, disturbingly, did not.

Catherine said...

Martin, I can see how you could miss the litter box clue. If it makes you feel better, someone ask me if Brotherboy was male or female....now that's funny.
Thanks for the comment, you made me laugh!