Saturday, November 29, 2008

CSI - Rockport

The other day I was leaving the house and saw my cat Brotherboy laying in the culvert of the ditch behind my house. No big deal; that is his hangout.

His back was to me, so I rolled down the window to talk to him. He just laid there and then looked back over his shoulder and started talking.

Crap! Cat's don't do that....just lay there I mean...in a ditch.

So I got out and crawled down into the pit to find my BroBro couldn't move his legs on one side.

He was filthy and smelled like a ditch. He told me all about it.

I called the vet and she was heading back to Rockport from her holiday. Six hours later we met at the clinic and she determined Brotherboy had been shot in the neck with a pellet gun.

Now he is being pumped full of steroids and we are hoping when the swelling goes down and he heals that he will one day walk again.


I took this picture last week, at the time, I did not know it would become a crime scene. If you look close....you can see Brotherboy in the pipe.

I just have one question: Who shot my cat?

6 comments:

johndoughy said...

I'd have to see the scene and covertly canvas the neighborhood. Hang out in local bars, get to know your neighbors, etc.

It was a local kid, to be sure.

Anonymous said...

I am shocked that people do these things! What planet are they from? Oh, yeah...Earth. Hope he recovers rapidly and Rambo-ish-ly. You go, BroBo!
Nita

Anonymous said...

It's sick! I believe this is an act of boredom. I have heard about kids shooting strays and that makes me wonder? Hanna you should set up a sting operation. My sources say that these are drive by shootings. We get a fake kitty that has some life like motion. We set it the culvert and wait and watching. Because I'm familiar with the area I have ideas about post. We catch them in the act and take down license plate numbers and turn them into the authorities. Or we can shoot them with pellet guns ourselves and let them fix there precious vehicles! Probably not the most Christ like approach but it makes me feel better.
Shane

Anonymous said...

I didn't do it, honest :)

Anonymous said...

I know you were a little on the sicky side........
You need to update :)
How was your Christmas?

Mr. Nauton said...

that's terrible -- hope he's ok, if you need help with revenge let me know...