Friday, July 17, 2009

Meet Luna

While leaving Whataburger late one night I looked across the street and saw this kitten laying around in the DQ parking lot. I decided (irrationally) to go over and introduce myself. I offered her some grilled chicken and she ate it right up. She was vocal and seemed to appreciate the meal and the company....but didn't want to be touched!

I was told she had been at DQ for 3 weeks panhandling for food. She was skinny.

The compassion of Christ compelled me (yes I said it) to return the next night at the same time with cat food. I shook the bag and she came running. I decide to rescue her and made arrangements with a friend to take her in. Luna was going to have a new home.....and it wasn't mine.



Until I got her home and realized she was pregnant. How can this be....she's sooooo young. So now we sit and wait. When she sleeps I can see her belly teaming with life. Kittens are wiggling around in there.

She is a sweet, baby girl.

1 comment:

Jan said...

So when is the big arrival date? Any idea?