Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Wedding Bells

My brother Bill has a daughter named Leslie (pictured above). She's getting married next month. It is hard for me to believe, because in my head she is the age you see in the picture. How can this be, she's just a baby girl. Well, this picture was taken in the 70's and she is not a baby girl. She's a graduate from UT who majored in Finance (uhhh, excuse me, I mean Marketing) and now works for Nike in Amsterdam.

I was recruited to make the veil. It was a piece of cake, but I have to work on it while in a cat free zone because Leslie is allergic to cats. I work on it during quilting meetings at the First Baptist church fellowship hall. When in my house the veil is in a hermetically sealed bag.

One of the things I still have to do is go on-line to the couple's wedding website and list 5 songs that would "guarantee" to get me on the dance floor. So far I only have two:
  1. Can't Touch This by MC Hammer
  2. Hey Yea! by Outcast

I'm also thinking about some Waylon Jennings: She's a Good Hearted Woman or Mama's Don't Let Your Baby's Grow Up to be Cowboys. I haven't committed to my final list yet, so suggestions are being accepted. What songs would "guarantee" to get you on the dance floor?

7 comments:

Catherine said...

QUIZ: The phrase "hermetically sealed" is a homage to what TV personality?

Unknown said...

I'm going to go ahead and say Monk.
Also, I was a Marketing major.
Thanks for including me on your blog. I am honored!

Catherine said...

Leslie, I have corrected my mistake....were you ever a Finance major? I wonder why I thought that.
No, it is not Monk. Honestly, the reference may be too obscure and you may be too young to know.

Anonymous said...

Anything by Mr. George Strait, Mr. Randy Travis, or Mr. Allen Jackson would get me on the dance floor!!!!! I think for you...in my mind...I picture you shakin' it during a Donna Summers song..."Last Dance...Last Chance For Loooouuuuvvvvveee" ;0)

I feel a true kindship to Leslie in the fact that she and I are allergic to cats.

btw...you look lovely in the veil. I can't wait to see Leslie's wedding photos!

Susan Fairchild said...

ooopss...I'm anonymous : )

Anonymous said...

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight!! Actually, I have a long list, but it is hermetically sealed. :-)

Catherine said...

I would like to thank Anonymous Susan for tolerating me in the 70's during the disco era.

I do need to add disco to my list....Donna Summer and K.C. and the Sunshine Band would be GReAT.