Saturday, July 07, 2007

Deer Me

When you look out my kitchen window you see this pretty little table and chairs. I was inspired to put a pot of Impatients on the table so when I do dishes there would be something lovely to look at. The Impatients were a perfect fro of green foliage with a crown of delicate pedal pink flowers all over the top. And then one morning......


I looked out and notice half of the plant was gone. At first I thought in a panick: CUT ANTS! I ran out to investigate and immediately realized that it wasn't cut ants because there were three flowers left, (cut ants would have striped it bare). That's when it hit me......deer!


And then they returned for seconds.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just went to look at this one and I like your story. I truly believe that your cats know you are not home and they are very restless. They worry me when I walk up to your front door and they are perched on the roof of your house looking down at me. SCARY!!!!!!!!!